How you help
Whether you’re a funder, a donor, a volunteer or someone who visits our sites, we couldn’t do it without you.
We want to give you a great big, heartfelt ‘thank you.’
Our fantastic funders
We are profoundly grateful to:
- Omidyar Network, The David & Elaine Potter Foundation, and Open Society Foundations — for their support across everything we do.
- The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, University College London and Microsoft — for funding our research.
- The Indigo Trust — for aiding our work with partners in sub-Saharan Africa.
- The Google Digital News Initiative — for funding the development of Alaveteli Professional.
- National Endowment for Democracy — for funding a WriteInPublic project for the Middle East and North Africa region.
- The Joseph Rowntree Charitable Trust — for supporting our efforts to engage with a younger audience.
- Making All Voices Count — for supporting Alaveteli for Liberia.
- Google Inc. — for sponsoring TICTeC 2017.
Our loyal donors
Your money goes towards all sorts of things, including:
- Keeping our servers spinning
- Responding to our users’ support mail
- Improving our sites
- Maintaining our modest offices
- Transporting staff to meetings when they need to meet up face-to-face
Help us continue to provide sites that make a difference, in the UK and around the world: Become a mySociety donor now.
Our diligent volunteers
They steer the policy on WhatDoTheyKnow, moderate the content and make sure we stay on the right side of the law.
They set our moral compass.
They help thousands of users when they have questions or problems.
They provide us with patches to our code.
Our extraordinary partners
They run incredible sites on our code, often giving up their free time to do so… just because they believe those sites need to exist.
They achieve great things.
They teach us every day.
And finally, visitors like you!
You provide the reason why we do what we do.
You help us spread the word about our sites, by telling friends, family and sharing on social media.
You tell us when things aren’t working quite the way they ought to.
It all helps.
Help us find new friends and supporters.
Share this report with someone who doesn’t know about mySociety.
And now… forward into 2017!
This year, we’ll be:
- Launching Alaveteli Professional
- Connecting with younger users of our sites
- Working with more councils in the UK and beyond
- Questioning and analysing the impact of all that we do
- Supporting partners old and new, by sharing knowledge, research and technical help
- Continuing to provide you with the means to keep your elected representatives accountable
- Running conferences and events that spread understanding and foster contacts